Energy Machines is proud to be commissioning our first major project in the US. Energy Machines has been selected as the energy solution provider by Hudson Square Properties, a joint venture of Hines, Trinity Church Wall Street, and Norges Bank Investment Management, for the comprehensive low-carbon retrofit of 345 Hudson Street in New York.
The infrastructure of the 91-year-old building - with tenants including Google, Viacom, and CBS - is being upgraded to new carbon efficient, energy saving technologies to decarbonize the 91,000 sq m property by 2032. Our integrated energy solution will optimize the building’s energy usage by recycling energy throughout the property - and eventually between neighboring buildings. A network of water-source heat pumps placed on different floors enable the easy sharing and movement of heat — including waste heat — throughout the entire structure.
The retrofit will enable the building to reduce its energy consumption by 30-40% and cut CO2 emissions by 90% compared to its pre-retrofit baseline.
The project is one of the four Empire Building Challenge showcase projects with NYSERDA to help accelerate New York’s progress toward their goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 85% by 2050.
• COP greater than 9, ensuring highly efficient operations
• Self-balancing simultaneous heating and cooling, optimizing comfort and energy usage
• No minimum flow requirements, providing flexibility in installation
• No minimum turn-down ratio, accommodating varying demand efficiently
• Plug-and-play expandable design, allowing for easy scalability as needs evolve
Click here to read more about the project at 345 Hudson